Pretty in Ink (5)

 For this week’s assignment I decided to read Pretty in Ink. After reading this book, I came to the conclusion that this book is a masterpiece! This book really snaps everything into perspective, and it also covers things that weren’t really discussed in other classes! Even though this is just an overview, I felt like this was both educational and inspiring on so many levels! While reading this, I found myself writing things I wanted to research and reference! Throughout this book we see women rising and become a powerhouse for the future and comics. We also see women in comics break away from the typical “damsel in distress” stereotype. One thing that really stood out to me was the unique illustrations. To be honest, I absolutely loved them! With some of the comics we’ve read throughout the semester, some of the women don't really look like women. They don't have any character when it comes to design. They all look like they came out of a cookie cutter. I also think most of the time they are sexualized. I think this also sets standards for what’s considered  “normal.” With these illustrations we sense diversity. We see different heights, body types, and faces! I feel like this true representation of women sends a very powerful message! The style used for these illustrations are amazing! Each one is executed in such bold and simplistic style. Just looking at them, you get a sense of sophistication! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival By Shaun Tan (3)

Arkham Asylum (4)