The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack (5)

 For this week’s assignment I read The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack, by Nicholas Gurewitch. I really enjoyed this comic almanack! To be honest, I had low expectations starting this. To summarize this, these comics cover everything from A to Z. One thing I really like about this was the dark humor. I felt like this book is quite relatable when it came to humor. I wish some of these comic strips were expanded upon! There is so much potential with these characters. Even though some characters were reused, I felt cheated. Overall I really like the layout and type of the book. I also like  the front and back cover design! I feel like this was completely different from the art in the comic strips. I really like the unique art styles used in each comic strip. There’s just something about the simplistic “Keith haring style” used. The only thing I was questioning was the color palettes used in each strip. Some were good and others just didn’t really make any sense. While reading this I found numerous tangents in the illustrations. As an illustrator, that is a sin when creating artwork. From what I gathered, this artist has not been formally trained. To be honest, he does have potential though. I took a peak at the other comics on the site and I couldn’t really stand them. They look like they were made with little or no effort. This almanack on the other hand clearly took time to make. I think it gave me a new perspective on web comics. This was both amazing and a refreshing experience.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty in Ink (5)

The Arrival By Shaun Tan (3)

Arkham Asylum (4)